Abilify — or aripiprazole — is an antipsychotic medication used to treat several mental health conditions, including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, and more. The cost of Abilify can vary depending on multiple factors like if you have insurance, the participating pharmacy you fill your prescription at, the dosage your doctor prescribes, and if you get a generic drug or brand name medication.
Most insurance plans cover the cost of Abilify. A 30-day supply can cost anywhere from $7 to $800 for the generic version. That staggering range demonstrates just how important it is that you understand as much as possible about the cost of this drug.
Read on to learn more about Abilify cost without insurance (or with it). Hear more about the factors that can impact price and learn how to get Abilify online, even if you don’t have insurance.
Is Abilify Covered With Insurance?
Most health insurance plans cover Abilify, but you should know that several factors will determine the price you end up paying. For example:
- Not all employer plans offer the same coverage for prescription drugs
- You may need prior authorization before your insurance will approve it
- The type of insurance you have can impact the price
- If you have Medicare or Medicaid, Abilify is a “preferred with PA” (prior auth) drug
Cost of Abilify Without Insurance
How much does Abilify cost without insurance? While the range can be huge, on average, a 30-day supply of generic Abilify typically costs between $20 and $100. The brand name, though, can cost up to $1,000 for a 1-month subscription if you don’t have a coupon or discount card.
Other factors that impact the cost of Abilify
Abilify’s cost depends on things like how you take the medication (it comes in both pill and liquid forms), dosage, if you have a coupon card, if you get brand name or generic, and where you purchase it.
Psychiatry and Prescriptions Online
Receive an evaluation and prescription for mental health medication (if needed) from a psychiatry-trained medical provider.
Cost of Abilify With Insurance
How much is Abilify with insurance? If you have prescription drug coverage through your insurance plan, your out-of-pocket cost for Abilify will depend on your deductible and copayment structure.
Once you meet your deductible, your copayment for each refill will be considerably less than paying the full retail price without insurance coverage. It’s important to note that some plans may require prior authorization before covering Abilify, so it’s best to check with your insurer before filling any prescriptions.
How to Get Abilify Without Insurance
It’s possible to get Abilify without an insurance provider, and these tips can help ensure you pay as little as possible.
- Research pharmacy prices: The first step to getting Abilify without insurance is to research pharmacy prices in your area. It’s easy to call or check online for the best price on Abilify — and remember that many pharmacies offer discounts and coupons, so be sure to ask about those when you reach out.
- Ask your doctor about dosages: If you can’t afford a full prescription of Abilify, ask your doctor or healthcare provider if a lower dosage option is available. Ensure you discuss Abilify side effects with your doctor as well.
- Look into discount programs: Several discount programs are available that might help reduce the cost of Abilify, even without insurance coverage. These include:
- Patient assistance programs offered by drug manufacturers
- Government assistance programs like Medicare Part D
- Private health plans with discounted rates for certain medications like Abilify
- Be sure to research all your options to find the right solution that works with your budget.
- Use generics when possible: Generic versions of drugs often cost significantly less than their branded counterparts. This can be especially true when purchased without insurance — sometimes a generic medication can cost up to 80% less than the brand name.
- Shop online: Finally, don’t forget to shop around online. You can find some great deals on medications like Abilify if you’re purchasing them without insurance coverage. Plus, you’ll save yourself the cost of a psychiatrist session in person.
Affordable Online Mental Health Treatment
Online mental health treatment is becoming an increasingly popular way to access quality care without the hassle of traditional in-person therapy and psychiatry sessions.
Talkspace Psychiatry offers comprehensive online psychiatry services from licensed professionals who specialize in treating depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and other common mental health conditions. With your psychiatrist, you can review your medication options and discuss the side effects of Abilify, like weight gain on Abilify.
We accept most insurance plans, and our team of psychiatrists provides personalized treatment plans tailored to your needs with evidence-based therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), psychodynamic psychotherapy, interpersonal therapy (IPT), and more. If needed, Talkspace also offers medication management services so you can be the best version of yourself.
- Aripiprazole prices, Coupons & savings tips – goodrx. https://www.goodrx.com/aripiprazole. Accessed February 2, 2023.
Talkspace articles are written by experienced mental health-wellness contributors; they are grounded in scientific research and evidence-based practices. Articles are extensively reviewed by our team of clinical experts (therapists and psychiatrists of various specialties) to ensure content is accurate and on par with current industry standards.
Our goal at Talkspace is to provide the most up-to-date, valuable, and objective information on mental health-related topics in order to help readers make informed decisions.
Articles contain trusted third-party sources that are either directly linked to in the text or listed at the bottom to take readers directly to the source.