Request a Talkspace Therapist Account Today
Talkspace is the most ethical, effective, and secure way for you to practice therapy online
Earn up to $3,000 per month
Why New Therapists are Joining Talkspace Every Day
Whether they’re looking for a new stream of revenue, seeking flexibility in where and when they work, or interested in reaching an audience for which therapy was not previously accessible, Talkspace is the leading online therapy platform for therapists.
Talkspace is Effective
- More than 200,000 users have tried Talkspace
- Platform is designed with clinical guidance from distinguished leaders in the field of psychotherapy
- Talkspace has partnered with researchers from Teacher’s College, Columbia University to conduct efficacy research
Safety is our #1 priority
- Therapists are carefully screened and certifications are validated
- Escalation procedures to assist clients in crisis
- Advanced cybersecurity tools to keep user conversations secure from data leaks and hackers
Talkspace is Easy and Intuitive to Use
- Manage and care for your clients through our state-of-the-art platform
- Work from anywhere, anytime, as long as you have a mobile device or stable internet connection
- Participate in community discussions with other Talkspace therapists (you may even make a friend or two!)
Read Talkspace’s Code of Ethics to learn more about the values held by Talkspace and our therapists.
You must be a licensed therapist willing to undergo a license confirmation and court background check. We expect our therapists to excel at distance based therapy and to be ready to make a commitment to the users on our platform. Sorry, we do not work with providers that are not licensed to practice psychotherapy.
You must have the following qualifications to work with Talkspace:
- Licensed within the United States
- Already completed supervision hours and licensing exams
- Licensed in at least the state in which you reside
- Have current malpractice insurance
Qualification Survey (5 minutes)
Complete our brief survey to determine whether you meet the prerequisites to use the Talkspace platform for your therapy practice. If you qualify, you will receive an email after the survey with instructions on how to access your application.
Application (20-30 minutes)
Our application includes questions about your experience, your interests, and your clinical expertise.
Frequently Asked Questions For Therapists
Yes. Client data is protected under the same level as HIPAA standards safeguarding traditional therapy. Protected Health Information (PHI) is safeguarded through not just technical, but administrative and physical safeguards as well.
All therapists must be clinically licensed to provide mental health treatment, meeting all requirements by the state in which they practice. This requires passing a qualifying examination and receiving a license or degree such as: LCSW, LMHC, LMFT, LPC, or PhD. All therapists must also have malpractice insurance coverage and provide proof of such.
No, there are no costs associated with becoming a Talkspace provider.
During the consultation phase, therapists are matched with clients based on their experience and clinical areas of practice. Special consideration is paid to the therapeutic needs of the client.
Each Talkspace therapist manages his or her own online private practice. Thus, the time commitment varies from therapist to therapist. We recommend therapists carry a minimum caseload and respond to clients daily. Caseload recommendations will be discussed during the interview process.
No, Talkspace therapists are contractors/providers, not employees. You will not receive a salary or benefits. Each provider will be given a 1099 for tax purposes.
Working as an online therapist for Talkspace has not only enabled me to work remotely and enjoy the freedom from an office, but also to challenge my professional skills with the variety of clients and situations not always seen in the face-to-face setting. The collaborative therapy team is unparalleled and I am a better therapist due to my Talkspace experiences!
–Regina, Talkspace Therapist
I have worked in this field for over 25 years, with many different agencies and companies and my own private practice. One of the things I really appreciate about Talkspace is how they really try to honor each therapist’s personal diversity. Talkspace administration and supervision really embrace the premise that no one therapeutic protocol works for everyone. Here at Talkspace, different techniques are really key to helping people on their personal therapeutic journey.
–Cynthia, Talkspace Therapist